Sunday, May 22, 2016

Antique Orphan Blocks

My Mother's Day present (which I chose for myself) was a few dozen quilt blocks, all very old.  I love checking out the different fabrics and finding patterns that don't appear in the books or BlockBase.  Here are a few of my current favourites.

Eight point star, excellent workmanship and a few squares pieced from smaller squares.



Another star with the last of the brown striped fabric



9 patch, with an interesting brown stripe and purple on black.











Another 9 patch - Fireside Visitor / Arrow / Broken Dish / London Roads






Same block, different light and dark




9 patchwork - some sort of Snowball?


Autograph Block in pastels

Spot the difference



Ohio Star - by a beginning seamstress

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and am always happy to respond. If you want an answer, check that your profile settings include 'show my email address'; otherwise I can't send you a message.