Saturday, March 5, 2016

Block 4 Nancy Carlile Smith

This week's block is Block 4.  It was made by Mary McClellan Criswell's cousin, Nancy Smith.

My block with some collectibles

My block, quilted with Block 31

James R. Smith   Nancy C. Smith  East Nottingham
 


Nancy Smith's block in the Chester Criswell Quilt.

You'll find more photos of Block 4 here and here.

You can get the pattern at Two Bits Patches.


The video clip of the Chester Criswell Quilt blocks is currently playing on YouTube.  The music is from my own band, The Sale City Band (est. 1871).  I'm playing the timpani.

Brass Band Day at Federation Square, Melbourne - the stage slopes and the timpani kept rolling away

Last night I basted the final two blocks.  Once they are quilted and sewn together, then the last row can be attached and the quilt bound.  I find it hard to believe that I'm nearly finished.  I don't think I will hand quilt such a big quilt again, it just takes too long. 

So, what comes next?  I have some ideas.  Like every keen quilter, the next quilt project can hardly wait until the current one is finished.  I better hurry up with those last two blocks.


2 comments:

  1. I am so looking forward to seeing your completed quilt. Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I Love this Quilt and Story, Hugs, Mary Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and am always happy to respond. If you want an answer, check that your profile settings include 'show my email address'; otherwise I can't send you a message.