Thursday, April 11, 2013

Swap Blocks Across the Seas

I got a special package in the mail last week.  I received a Royal Palm block.



It's a swap block made by Wanda of Scrap Happy AKA Blended Quilter.  It's flown all the way from Oklahoma to Gippsland.  What's really special is Wanda's signature - she drew it freehand.  I'm impressed.


Of course, there's another block that flew from the Southern to the Northern Hemisphere.




I signed my block, but I didn't trust my calligraphy abilities.  I traced my name.


This is my light box.  I typed my words on the laptop, picked a nice font, then inverted the image.  After I turned the laptop around, the image was right side up again, ready to trace.  It wasn't quite as easy as it looks, but it did the job.  Different tools to Elizabeth Clendenen's inked stamps, but we both use the materials at hand.

Wanda and I are both pleased with our blocks, and we're ready to swap again.  Are there any takers?

1 comment:

  1. Both of those blocks are very beautiful!
    Wonderful signatures - love seeing those exquisite finishes.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and am always happy to respond. If you want an answer, check that your profile settings include 'show my email address'; otherwise I can't send you a message.