Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Reds for the Stash

My stash of red fabric has grown considerably since I began this quilt.  Last week I travelled to Melbourne to do a spot of grandmother duty.  On the weekend I travelled in the opposite direction for a belated wedding anniversary weekend.  So, I was able to visit a few shops I rarely get to and I took the opportuntity to add to the red collection.

On the left is Dear Jane II by Brenda Papadakis from Windham Fabrics.  The middle is a Moda fabric, I think, and I don't know what is on the left (but it is a tinier circle than Dear Jane).

Peddlers Pack by Judy Roche and Corienne Kramer for Henry Glass fabrics; and another Windham fabric.

And finally a very pretty Dear Jane and one of Barbara Brackman's Battle Hymn.

The fabric I used for Nancy Smith's block is one of my favourites.  The selvedge says Circa 1845 by Roberta Benoin for P&B Textiles.

Red is an excellent colour - especially with green.



4 comments:

  1. I am laughing cause I am on the other side of the spectrum. I have plenty of reds and this is what drew me to your wonderful quilt.
    I have the one you made the last block out of. I don't think you can ever get to many reds look at our holidays, christmas, valentines both are full of this color
    Gorgeous garden. FYI-If you have peonies on red, dry them they look almost like a rose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your going to be so happy there are a few new lines coming out this winter/spring with turkey reds and a few poison greens too!
    I am looking forward to starting this quilt soon
    I love the blocks you have done so far...
    as well as enjoying your stories as well
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing a nice job finding good reds that blend well. I think reds are very difficult to match up well as some are blue based, orange based or pink based. Keep up the good work! It's going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As much as I adore red fabric your flowers are my favorite of these photos!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and am always happy to respond. If you want an answer, check that your profile settings include 'show my email address'; otherwise I can't send you a message.